Hi! We’re happy that you’re interested in submitting a guest post to the VertexSMS blog.
We are looking forward to hearing from dedicated writers who want to share their knowledge and experiences with our readers.
But before you submit your guest post, make sure to read our guest blogging guidelines carefully and follow them. This will not only provide answers to the questions you might have but also help to increase your chances of getting published on VertexSMS.
What kind of guest posts we are happy to publish?
You are absolutely free to choose the type of article. Whether it’s a how-to guide, a listicle, case study, or anything else, we will be happy to publish your post as long as it’s relevant to our audience, well-written, provides a unique approach, and is backed by data.
❗️ IMPORTANT: We do not accept sponsored or paid posts.
What should you write about?
When choosing your topic, keep our audience in mind.
People who read our blog run their e-commerce stores, work in marketing, or are a part of various organizations. Yes, that sounds broad. But what unites them is that they want to connect with their subscribers on a deeper level using different marketing techniques (with a focus on SMS marketing), boost customer engagement rates, promote their businesses, increase customer loyalty, and more.
Tell them how they can achieve this.
Here are some topic suggestions that will hopefully nudge you in the right direction:
- E-Commerce (e. g. trends, running or promoting a store, tips and tricks, tools)
- SMS marketing and using it with other marketing channels (e. g. SMS + email, SMS vs. push notifications, etc.)
- SMS marketing use cases for different industries
- Customer engagement/satisfaction/experience (e. g. ways to achieve, challenges, why does it matter)
- Anything else that you think our audience will find useful.
- Come up with a unique angle. So many similar articles on the internet, so little time… Make yours worth reading.
- Avoid COVID-19 related topics, unless you really have something new to say.
P.S. Before submitting your article:
1. Make sure we haven’t covered that specific topic in our blog already. You can quickly check this by typing site:vertexsms.com "keyword" into Google.
2. Please send us your topic ideas, target keywords, and a short pitch to make sure we’re in sync. Make it brief but intriguing.
3. Include at least 3 examples of your previous articles that you're proud of.
A few examples of our posts:
Content requirements for guest posts
1. Keep it simple yet professional - write in a friendly tone, use clear language, vary the length of sentences, avoid passive voice, and watch out for typos and grammatical errors (we’re very serious about this one).
2. Provide original content - we will only accept articles that haven’t been published elsewhere. Also, we don’t allow it to be republished on your own blog or other blogs afterward (sharing on social media is OK).
3. Write to provide value - focus on passing some new and interesting information rather than just writing for the sake of it.
4. Think about structure - use introduction to grab reader's attention, use H2, H3, bullet points, and keep the paragraphs short (around 4 lines) for better readability. Remember that conclusion is a part of the post for a reason - finish your article on a strong note.
5. Take advantage of data, use facts and examples - it will show the readers that you take it seriously while also improving the value of your guest blog post.
6. Sources - make sure to give credit to those who own the data that you use. Avoid using data that is older than 3 years.
7. Avoid promotional content - we will not publish anything that directly promotes your products or services.
8. Stay consistent - please take a stroll through our previous articles and try to keep up with the blog style.
9. Put some thought into the post title - avoid clickbait but keep it interesting. When submitting your post, please provide at least 3 different title options to choose from.
10. Post length - our posts are around 1500 words on average, so that is what we also expect from you.
11. Please include meta title (follow the formula: Focus Keyword + Secondary Keyword | Brand Name - 50-60 characters overall), meta description (<160 characters), and ALT texts for the images.
Visuals are appealing so spend some time choosing the right pictures that can illustrate your article. Use high-resolution images and include them in your post in full-size.
You can use screenshots, draw schemes, post infographics, include your own videos, etc. Don't use stock photos, unless you can make original edits to illustrate your point. Please do not use any material that may be subject to copyright.
Besides linking to quality sources, we also allow 2 dofollow links (with DA higher than 20 (Moz)) to your own site (non-promotional - try to include it naturally).
Make sure to include relevant links to our previous blog posts.
We value your effort and want our readers to know you better. Include a short description of your previous experience, what you do, or what you’re passionate about (those are just a few suggestions, it’s up to you!).
How to submit a guest post?
1. Contact us to agree on a topic (send us a short pitch, your target keywords, and 3 of your best articles);
2. Write your article following these guidelines;
3. Edit and double-check. Then check again;
4. Send us your post via Google Docs;
5. Wait for our feedback.
What to expect next?
1. Agreeing on a topic is not a guarantee that we will publish your guest post. We reserve the right to reject a guest post that does not meet our quality standards.
2. We might send you some suggestions if we see that there’s still room for improvement.
3. It might take up to two weeks to hear from us. Stay patient.
4 more things to keep in mind
- We will not reply to outreach emails that don't contain the information we require (see How to submit a guest post? again)
- We prioritize possible partnerships, guest post exchange, etc. We are interested in links from websites with DR higher than 50 (Ahrefs).
- We reserve the right to decline a guest post after editing if it still doesn't meet our quality standards.
- You can also submit your guest posts to HelpCenter or offer other partnership possibilities (DR>45).
Let’s get in touch! Send an email to email@example.com (subject line: GUEST POST PITCH), pitch your topic ideas and include target keywords. Good luck!